PHILIPS STREAMIUM SLA5500 Wireless Music Receiver

Posted by My Blog | Posted on 10:14 PM | Posted in


PHILIPS STREAMIUM SLA5500 Wireless Music Receiver


By Philips

 Streaming Players Reviews PHILIPS STREAMIUM SLA5500 Wireless Music Receiver

Best Streaming Media Player


Category: Streaming Player Review

Customer Reviews of PHILIPS STREAMIUM SLA5500 Wireless Music Receiver

Reviewed by Chris B.
Eye-catching, purposeful and total

Following studying several other streaming audio devices in the sub-$200 assortment, this merchandise appeared to have the attributes I wanted plus a lot of good customer critiques (right here and at other web sites).I have a massive collection of MP3s (non-DRM) on my Laptop and a WEP-secured wi-fi community in my house. The actual physical set up was actually effortless – plug in the AC adapter and hook up it to my stereo with the supplied audio cable. The wireless setup took a lot more hard work than I anticipated, but in the conclude my problems had been with my wireless router.Even although it really is a DHCP server and performs fantastic with all the PCs in my home and my Tivo, the Streamium was getting assigned an invalid IP. I fastened this by utilizing the ‘reserve IP’ function of my router to specify the IP that DHCP will assign to the Streamium dependent on it is MAC address. Your mileage will vary dependent on your manufacturer/product of router.Right after I acquired it on my network, the rest was a breeze. I made a decision to use the Philips Media Supervisor computer software as an alternative of the Home windows Media Centre (or what ever it really is known as) because I genuinely don’t believe in Microsoft to not-screw-up my existing MP3 selection. iTunes presently wreaked havoc as soon as (it experimented with to rearrange all my information till I disabled ‘manage my music folder’). I was not likely to tempt destiny a 2nd time.The Streamium gadget appears truly slick. The display screen is simple to read and displays a respectable sum of details. Picking songs, artists, albums, shuffling, and so forth. have been all easy to do. And, most importantly, the sound good quality is wonderful.The only negative remark I have:You have to use the distant. There are zero controls on the system alone. If you get rid of that distant, might as properly chuck the relaxation of it in the trash. The same point can be explained about a lot of competing merchandise although.At this value, it does almost everything I expected and it does it properly. I’d give it 5 stars if it didn’t count exclusively on the remote.


Reviewed by Kevin Putnam
Fantastic Concept, also negative it will not operate!

This item is no longer available on AMAZON (Thank god!). I produced the blunder of purchasing two of these right after falling in love with the idea of being ready to engage in all the songs from my laptop on my property stereo programs. Out of the box we experienced problems as the device only help WEP encryption which has been identified to have stability issues for many many years now. The gadget does not (and will by no means) help WPA encryption which provides real wi-fi protection. I went by means of the difficulties of creating an whole independent community with out safety just to provide songs to the receiver. Even then with total signal toughness and following spending Hours on the phone with Philips tech help the music would still skip to the point you couldn’t hear to it for far more than about one moment. The bottom line is Philips designed this line of products to contend with other related devices on the market place and when they weren’t able to get them doing work correctly, they ditched the entire line and stopped supporting it. Undesirable Company!!! If I ran my company like that, I would be out of company.


Reviewed by Mr. Subgenius “damn wise”
Consists of Net Radio!!!!

I have been all above the web learning about this line of merchandise… only to find that this system has a firmware up grade that allows what I feel are several shoutcast streams! BOO-YAH, Soma FM with no working my Laptop!I believe some basic quality providers can also be enabled… fairly neat.Sooner or later I will consider the media server element, but thanks to John’s tip below, I was content to get a $50+ dollar web radio! Established it up in about 3 minutes and its Awesome.


Features and Specifications

  • Choose music collections by artist, album, genre or playlist

More Details

Optimum choice of audio – Digital distribution provides a convenient way to obtain favourite audio at any time. With articles guarded with Windows Media DRM ten even increased flexibility and selection is offered. Windows Media DRM 10 makes certain pleasure and increased adaptability and option by permitting you to acquire and/or transfer your membership content to the products of your choice. WMA-DRM and MP3 assist – Retailer your music selection and downloaded music on your Computer in a single of the a lot of supported audio formats. Playback of WMA,WMA-DRM and MP3 tunes formats is supported. Wireless Computer Songs Website link – Stream audio from your Computer to your audio program in high top quality. Listen on your audio system to audio information saved on the Laptop. Songs from House Community – Include new prospects to your property network and extract songs from it to engage in on your audio system. Interact with your music collection to find the songs that best matches your mood. Central audio storage – Preserve your audio selection centrally stored on your Laptop and appreciate it wirelessly on your audio method. Strong wi-fi connection – The wi-fi standard indicates that no wires need to be installed among your Pc and customer electronics devices. The wi-fi standard ensures a strong and safe relationship with best bandwidth availability for high-good quality audio transmission. Goodbye cables – A two.four GHz wireless hyperlink in between the receiver and transmitter signifies you never have to lay cables or drill holes by way of walls. Pc upgradeable – The merchandise is capable of benefiting from new and enhanced features via software program updates. Verify through the broadband net link for the availability of new software versions. Music processing – The digital music is despatched in electronic structure to your audio receiver and processed by means of the electronic seem processor to give the very best sound high quality on your audio method. The remote management offers you direct interactive obtain to the Computer audio you want to enjoy on the audio system.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment